Subject: Re: 3.1 AND 3.5 -Reply
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 94 21:09:43 CST

Brad Prosise asked:

>I have had some problems loading a scene generated by
>PowerMacros "blow up" macro. This scene worked fine before I
>upgraded to 3.5. I've attempted to regenerate the scene with the
>same results. The result being a software failure and then the
>machine automatically reboots. I've tried this on 3 different
>toasters. In this regard: has anyone esle had this type of
>problem?  Would switching back to 3.1 solve the problem? and I
>have attempted to find the afforementioned "switch" program on
>tomahawk but can't seem to locate it in the stated directory. 
>Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

The work-around for this is fairly easy. Load your scene from the scene menu.
DO NOT click on CONTINUE, stay in the scene menu. Select SAVE scene, and
overwrite the original scene. Then re-load it again. NOW you can click on
CONTINUE, and work with the scene. Re-saving it from within Lightwave will
correct the problem with the scene file. By the way, this same work-arounbd is
necessary with WaveMaker, and HollywoodFX as well. The simple explanation of
what's going wrong is that LW 3.5 NEEDS a light saved in the scene file, and
these programs do not do so, so it crashes when you load the scene. Simply
saving it instead of continuing will correct it.

  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
 [     John Crookshank    |        MicroTech Solutions, Inc.           ]
 [   [email-masked]   |   BBS:708-851-3929   Voice:708-851-3033    ]
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------